...or swim, jump, ski, kayak, skate, golf, dance, climb...
Every hour of every day someone dies from melanoma; the risk can be greatly reduced by practicing sun safety. You can help make a difference.
We challenge you and all your friends to make a difference in the fight against melanoma by walking, running or biking your way to ONE MILLION MILES and use any activity to raise awareness about this deadly disease.
Collectively, the MRF staff, our board, supporters, advocates, donors and partners will go one million miles in the month of May. Join us.
What you need to know –
• Take on any activity of your choosing.
• If you already have plans for an activity in May, like a walk or other race, make sure to sign up and include those miles.
• Perfect for families, schools and clubs to do - create a team and get everyone to compete to win!
• Use a pedometer or smart phone app to keep track. Buy one of our pedometers from our store.
• Log your progress weekly – it’s the honor system – on your Headquarters page. (see My HQ link on left menu)
• Turn it into a fundraiser to make a bigger impact.
• At the end of the program we’ll add up everyone’s miles. Can you help us reach our goal?
We know that taking on a challenge like this can be hard, but fighting melanoma is even harder. You can make a difference by creating awareness and raising funds for research. We have many miles to go until we find effective treatments or even a cure.